Designing the bathroom of your dreams isn’t always an easy task. Among other things, you need to find the perfect balance between the style you want to accomplish and how the rest of your house looks and you need to go for a design that will not only please the people you live with, but also your landlord, if you have one. Not to mention the countless details and colours you can pick from to create the perfect bathroom.
A bathroom fitter in London can help you out with anything you might want to install in your bathroom, be it a special tiling style or a free-standing bathtub. However, if you’d like to take your bathroom’s design a step further, we’ve prepared this short guide full of tips and suggestions to upgrade the overall look of your room with subtle details.
Let’s now start with one of the most important features that can completely change the way a bathroom is perceived even without going through heavy renovation:
Painting the walls of your bathroom and choosing the right colours in case you plan on getting some new furniture can be the key to successfully renovating the room while giving it a whole new feel.
When it comes to colours, there are plenty of combinations you can pick from, but we can simplify the whole process by summarizing all the possible solutions into three big categories:
- Go for white: Going for white could potentially be the perfect option for any bathroom renovation. It’s bright, it makes a room look clean, it never gets old, it gives light to the bathroom and, most importantly, it goes with everything. You can use white for a modern bathroom and you can also choose it for a traditional one. Urban style and Scandinavian style call for shades of white as well, and a minimal style basically needs some white colour to work. Keep in mind that using different textures might also be a good idea to differentiate the different surfaces in the room.
It’s probably better to avoid mixing too many shades of white, but you can definitely complement with different materials.
- Don’t be afraid of the dark: Dark and rich colours and materials are a great way to warm up a room and give it a mysterious and unique feeling. More specifically, you can use dark woods that are rich in colour and match it with some lighter elements in order to catch some light and provide more illumination to the bathroom. Materials that are perfect for creating this light and dark contrasts are marble and porcelain.
- Use Colours: A modern bathroom doesn’t only mean using shades of black and white. There’s also a pretty big variety of colours you can choose from. Don’t be afraid to be bold and try your hand with your favourite colours. Don’t forget that your bathroom should be as you want it and, if you’re short of ideas, bathroom designers and installers are always ready to give you some useful advice.
Now that we’ve covered the main topics about colours, let’s move on to talking about how you can upgrade the design of your bathroom by adding some details to another essential area.
When you are refurbishing or remodeling a bathroom, the shower area can be one of the priorities in a rental property or private homes alike. Here are some very nice upgrades you can install in your newly designed bathroom in order to make the shower area more comfortable and more appealing to the eye.
- A Glass Door: Glass is the future of shower doors in modern bathrooms. This material is more stylish and practical when compared to a regular curtain and it can also make your bathroom look bigger than it actually is. When a bathroom floor is perfectly flat, depending on which type of tiling you chose, a glass door can make accessing the shower a lot easier, especially for older people.
- Bench Seating: If your shower area is quite large, you might want to consider adding a shower bench. This item can make showering a more relaxing experience and it can give the bathroom a luxurious feeling. Usually, a built-in bench is installed on new showers, while, if you already have one without a bench, you can always add a simple teak shower seat.
- Shower Shelves: The more shelves you have, the more items you can store. Installing shelves inside your shower is a fashionable solution to gain some more space to store shampoo bottles and other personal belongings. There is a huge selection of shelves available and you can even get glass shelves that perfectly match with a glass shower door.
- Get a New Showerhead: A new showerhead can potentially change your shower experience, especially if it’s on the fancy side. There are several types of showerheads; a rain showerhead mimics the feeling you get when you stand underneath a waterfall, while multiple showerheads can spray water on you from different sides. A new showerhead might look like a very small change, but it’s a great subtle improvement for bathrooms of all sizes.
- Add Lightning: An upgrade you should try to implement is adding lightning to your shower. You could go for overhead lights, or maybe a glass tile. If you have a window, don’t be afraid to make the most of it! Everybody loves bright bathrooms.
For a landlord who needs to sell or rent the property, upgrading the shower area is a must if you wish to make the bathroom look more appealing to the eye. These ideas can help you get inspired whenever you need to remodel a bathroom but, if you find yourself needing help, remember that you can always ask for professional advice in the field of bathroom design and renovation.
Last but not least, let’s take a look at how you can upgrade your sink by installing a new faucet. There are several styles to pick from and, before you choose, you need to make sure the faucet you’re going for blends in well with the overall style of your bathroom.
Here are some of the main styles of bathroom sink faucets you can install:
- Bridge Faucets: This type of faucet is perfect for rustic or industrial designs. It includes touches of modernity even though the main feel is traditional. All the components connect to one segment and it’s a common faucet type on undermount sinks.
- Contemporary Faucets: As the name says, these faucets are suited for contemporary bathroom designs. For any modern bathroom, a contemporary faucet is a perfect choice regardless of the colours you used to decorate it.
- Traditional Faucets: If you’re looking to give your bathroom a classic style, a traditional sink faucet is what you need. There is a huge selection of traditional faucets to choose from and many different materials, from brushed nickel to sterling.
- Center-Set Faucets: This type of faucet is the most popular one. They’re made for basins with three cut-outs and they are usually available in a huge range of finishes. If you want your bathroom to look timeless and never grow old, this is the faucet style you might want to try.
- Single-Handle Faucets: These faucets are characterized by having only one handle you can use to control water pressure and the temperature. They usually go in sinks with one or two holes, but they can also be installed in basins
Sink faucets are one of the smallest details in a bathroom, however, they are also among the most significant ones. That is because these fixtures are functional while at the same time they showcase your bathroom’s unique style and design.
For whatever style you chose when you remodeled the bathroom, there’s a faucet that perfectly complements it or, if you’ve chosen a particular colour before, there’s a faucet material that’s going to look great with it.
The good thing about upgrading a bathroom by substituting subtle details, such as fixtures, is that you can give a completely new feel to the room without spending too much. Small upgrades can make a big difference in bathrooms of any size and they’re perfect for refreshing the look of a room.
If you are looking for some bathroom refurbishment in London or if you want to know more about creating the perfect bathroom contact us at: https://landlordbathrooms.com/contact/